Type: Paid (Up to 20 hours/week), Independent Contractor position (1099)
Location: Seattle, WA (United States)
Start Date: Jan., 2023
Apply Now: https://forms.gle/RL3D2349L6tv9a3S9
CoReate is a one-of-a-kind professional community where passion-driven individuals from all walks of life are working together to find forward-thinking solutions to any organizational problems that exist. We provide an ecosystem for professionals and organizations to collaborate through passion projects and other consulting programs that will enable them to solve their greatest challenges and to achieve their professional aspirations.
We serve two primary customer segments:
- Professionals and individuals seeking meaningful opportunities – Anyone who has a strong desire to invest in their own professional development, and who aspire to use their skills, knowledge, and experiences to pursue meaningful opportunities that will help them to achieve their professional aspirations.
- Organizations seeking solutions to solve their greatest challenges – Any organizations that are looking for professional help to solve their greatest organizational challenges and would like to create a lasting competitive advantage in their respective industries.
We offer the following core services for our customers:
- Consulting and advisory services – Provide a wide range of professional services, strategic advice, operational advice and technical advice to various organizations (regardless of their industry).
- Comprehensive professional development services – Provide a human-centered program to help individuals to design their roadmap for a fulfilling professional career that is aligned with their passion.
CoReate provides equal opportunities to all applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions, including recruiting, hiring, placement, termination, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
CoReate’s client, the Ethnic Chambers of Commerce Coalition (ECCC), received a Business Outreach and Education Fund (BOEF) from the City of Seattle Office of Labor Standards to help local small and medium-sized businesses to understand and comply with city-enforced labor laws. Throughout the project, the ECCC team will work closely with partnering organizations, such as CoReate, to conduct a door-to-door business outreach and host various events (e.g. workshop, seminar, etc.) to educate local business owners. The ECCC team will also work closely with the City of Seattle Office of Labor Standards and other participating organizations to create innovative outreach materials. For more information, please visit our project website: https://www.ecccseattlelaborlaws.org/
Roles and Responsibilities
The Business Outreach Officer will work under the Outreach and Education team at the Ethnic Chamber of Commerce Coalition to provide outreach, education, and technical assistance to small businesses about their responsibilities under Seattle’s labor standards ordinances.
Your main duties and responsibilities may include:
- Help identify businesses that are covered by the scope of the Labor Standards Ordinances
- Prepare business outreach strategy/approach to engage and educate local businesses
- Come up with business outreach and education ideas
- Maintain constant communication with businesses to build relationships
- Help local businesses to achieve compliance through training/education
- Create monthly and quarterly reports (quantitative and qualitative) from your outreach and education effort
- Passionate about serving the community and helping local businesses grow and achieve compliance with laws, rules, and regulations
- Individuals age 18 or older and have a valid work authorization in the United States (including having a valid SSN or Tax Identification Number)
- Willing and able to work in the City of Seattle, CoReate accepts international students/foreign nationals with CPT/OPT or other valid US work authorization
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter and great public speaking/presentation skills
- Fluency in languages other than English is a plus
- Ability to travel within Seattle to conduct door-to-door outreach and training
- Preferred: Outreach experience and/or working with community groups